The Cooperative Program at work in Florida
Since its beginning in 1854, the Florida Baptist Convention has had at its core a fundamental belief in ministries that flesh out the Great Commission—evangelism, starting new churches and strengthening existing congregations to express the gospel in their communities.
Here are some highlights of ways your Florida Baptist dollar took the Gospel to your hometown and the rest of Florida—your Judea—during the past year:
• Trained and equipped Florida Baptist churches in innovative, as well as tried-and true, strategies to reach the 77 percent spiritually lost persons in the state.
• Encouraged and motivated Florida Baptist church leaders in their evangelistic efforts resulting in 60,600-plus persons baptized in the Sunshine State, including 29,754 in Florida Baptist affiliated churches in Haiti.
• Supported 65 Florida Baptist Convention ministry staff that collectively made 3,707 gospel presentations which resulted in 2,552 professions of faith.
• Started 109 new churches including 58 language and 51 English-speaking congregations.
• Provided a Baptist Campus Ministry program on 24 Florida campuses with seven full-time BCM directors, as well as volunteers, which resulted in 873 professions of faith.
• Trained and supported 1,065 language pastors and lay leaders to reach the state’s 6 million ethnic population.
• Provided financial aid and support to 20 churches during Crossover Lakeland that resulted in over 200 professions of faith.
• Distributed hunger funds to churches that fed 224,967 people and resulted in 2,902 new believers and 568 baptisms.
• Provided theological education for 1,300 students in four languages and six locations across the state.
• Touched the lives of 76,903 children and families through the Florida Baptist Children’s Homes. Saw 109 professions of faith.
• Coordinated 36 projects with the mobile dental unit where 2699 patients were given dental care and 34 professions of faith were recorded.
For more information, reports and resources about the Cooperative Program, Click Here.