This team is responsible for developing, coordinating, implementing and marketing a statewide strategy and program of distance learning that supports and expands the Convention’s strategy of theological education utilizing an interactive television network tied to “virtual” campuses across the state. Through the use of this technology, degree-based theological education curriculum resources and skill (ministry) based training opportunities are made available to laity and church staff within Florida. The resources of The Baptist College of Florida and New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary provide the foundation of the program of theological education.
BIO / PHOTO / E-MAIL
Janet Cambra, 407-514-4413
Through a Partnership with:
(Click on the names below to read more.)
Would you like to be better equipped for ministry? What if you could earn a Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, or pursue your doctorate while remaining in ministry?
The Florida Baptist Convention, Baptist College of Florida, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, and Seminary Extension partner together to provide high quality, accredited theological education throughout Florida.
The Florida Baptist Convention and its educational partners recognize the importance of theological training for ministry effectiveness. We are committed to serving pastors and ministry leaders so that you can pursue your education while remaining in the ministry where God has placed you.
• Nine locations throughout Florida serve every major urban center.
• Internet courses bring courses right to your doorstep.
• Selected locations offer classes in Spanish, French, or Haitian Creole.
• Scholarships and financial aid opportunities may be available.
• Accredited education qualifies students to pursue advanced degrees.
• Live instructors and classroom settings enhance learning.
• Veterans can use their VA educational benefits.
The Florida Baptist Convention is committed to equipping leaders to fulfill the Great Commission and the Great Commandments through the local church and its ministries.
Contact the Orlando Theological Education Hub to talk about the possibilities!
Ministry Degrees Offered throughout Florida
Florida Baptist vocational ministers or lay leaders who desire accredited ministry studies have opportunities for study at multiple educational levels throughout the state. You may contact the Orlando Theological Education Hub for distance learning opportunities. (To find out about taking courses in residence on the main campus, contact The Baptist College of Florida or New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary directly.)
Extension center courses are offered at the following levels:
Diploma level classes:
Students may take courses through Seminary Extension that lead toward a diploma in an area of ministry in preparation for service. These courses do not carry academic credit on the bachelor or masters levels. Seminary Extension does have some courses designated as ACE courses that carry bachelor level credit.
Certificate level classes:
Students may pursue an eight-credit hour church leadership certificate through the Baptist College of Florida or Leavell College of NOBTS, depending on location. Students may earn a certificate by taking eight classes in biblical teaching, pastoral ministry or church planting. Certificate hours may be transferable into an associate degree program. Students do not have to have a high school diploma or GED to take these courses, unless they want to transfer to an undergrad program and use these as electives.
Associate level classes:
• In North and Central Florida, an Associate of Divinity degree may be earned at extension centers in Pensacola, Jacksonville and Orlando through The Baptist College of Florida.
• In areas south of the I-4 corridor, students may earn an Associate in Christian Ministry degree through New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary’s Leavell College centers in Brandon, Hialeah, Broward and West Palm Beach.
Bachelor level classes:
• Bachelor degree programs are offered at several sites. A Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies or Ministry Studies may be pursued at extension centers in Pensacola, Jacksonville and Orlando through The Baptist College of Florida.
• The Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree may be pursued at extension sites and centers in Hialeah and Fort Lauderdale through New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary’s Leavell College.
Masters level classes:
Students with earned bachelor degrees from a regionally accredited institution can work towards the Master of Divinity or the Master of Arts in Christian Education through New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary in Pensacola, Graceville, Jacksonville, Orlando and Miami.
Doctoral level seminars:
For students with an earned Master of Divinity or Master of Arts in Christian Education, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary offers professional doctoral studies through the Orlando Hub.
To decide which program of distance study would be right for you, contact:
• Dr. Doug Watkins, Orlando Theological Education Hub and NOBTS, at Doug.Watkins@FLBaptist.org or 407-514-4412
• Mrs. Sandra Richards, BCF, firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-328-2660 ext. 415
• Dr. David Lema, South Florida, at David.Lema@FLBaptist.org or 305-888-9777